Inpatients Staff Nurse
What we are looking for:
Job Title: Staff Nurse – Inpatients Wards
Hours of work: 37.5 per week (Internal Rotation to include Days, Nights and Weekends shifts)
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
An exciting opportunity is available for a Staff Nurse, to join our well-established Nursing Team at the prestigious King Edward VII Hospital, working with the vision of delivering excellence in care.
We are a 56-bedded acute hospital specialising in Colorectal, Urology, Orthopaedics, Men’s Health and Women’s Health which is provided by a friendly, professional and supportive team who are focused on being a centre of excellence for a wide variety of surgical procedures and treatments. You will be part of a team that cares for a wide range of surgical patients.
Our nurse to patient ratio is usually 1:4 which means that we can offer excellent individualised nursing care.
This is the ideal role for a nurse wishing to develop and extend both their clinical and leadership experience in surgical nursing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess, plan and deliver care to meet patient needs, working closely with the Consultants, nursing colleagues and clerical staff.
- Ensure accurate and comprehensive nursing records are maintained
- Maintain own continuing professional development in accordance with CPD requirements and contribute to formulation of own objectives and personal development plan
Skills and Experience:
- Registered General Nurse with valid NMC pin
- A positive, proactive approach and committed to delivering the highest standards of care
- Be able to work independently and within a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
In return we offer:
- Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
- Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
- Private Healthcare
- Staff Referral scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Help to buy a bike
- Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 15th Aug 2022
Please note, if we receive a high level of applications, we may choose to close this advert early. We encourage you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview.
King Edward VII’s Hospital values our diverse workforce and is commitment to providing equal opportunities. We welcome everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Being a relatively small hospital in size enables all our staff to work as a tightly-knit team. If you can see yourself as part of this team, and we have a vacancy that suits your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.