What we are Looking For:
Job Title: Orthopaedic CNS
Hours of Work: 37.5 hrs per week, Mon- Fri , 7.5 hrs per day
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. With an enviable tradition of delivering exceptional care to our patients, we take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK.
What will you be doing?
- The clinical nurse specialist will provide highly specialised orthopaedic nurse-led services complementary to the Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon for orthopaedic patients commensurate with national policy and Hospital strategy, in conjunction with the orthopaedic nurse already in post.
- To facilitate the provision of a coordinated, high quality orthopaedic service (patient journey) by working collaboratively with the orthopaedic surgeons, orthopaedic CNS and lead nurse, therapy team, theatre team and other members of the multidisciplinary team.
- To undertake clinical audit and research under the direction of the Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon and have a commitment to improving practice based on research findings.
- Developing specialist nurse-led clinics, accepting referrals, determining appropriateness and prioritising according to need.
Who are you?
- You will be motivated and flexible
- You will be professional and friendly manner.
- You will be able to work autonomously, but also to work cohesively as a team.
- Evidence of working within the orthopaedic setting for at least three years.
- Current NMC registration.
- Evidence of study in relevant subjects at level 7.
In return we offer:
• Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
• Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
• Private Healthcare
• Staff Referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
• Season Ticket Loan
• Help to buy a bike
• Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 19th May 2021
Please note – due to the high volume of applicants, we will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview
King Edward VII’s Hospital values our diverse workforce and is commitment to providing equal opportunities. We welcome everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Being a relatively small hospital in size enables all our staff to work as a tightly-knit team. If you can see yourself as part of this team, and we have a vacancy that suits your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.