Job Title: Inpatient Nurse Manager
Salary: £56,000 – £60,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Hours of work: 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday but may be occasional requirement unsocial hours
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. We take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK, supporting veterans through our charitable work. The reputation is built on our exceptional and empowered teams working in a safe and kind environment.
An excellent opportunity has arisen to recruit two Inpatient Nurse Managers to join our team. We are looking for dedicated and dynamic nurse-leaders to provide the clinical leadership and management across our inpatient ward areas and the pre assessment team.
These new positions comes at an exciting time for the hospital; this is an excellent opportunity and position for a highly skilled and experienced surgical nurse leaders.
The successful candidates will hold a passion for inspiring, managing and empowering the nursing teams in order to continually deliver compassionate person-centred quality care and clinical excellence. This includes a commitment to focusing on professional development and learning within teams, as well as innovating care with the most current up-to-date research and evidence.
This role requires a clinical leader that demonstrates their ability to excel at managing well-organised, efficient departments with a clear understanding of financial targets and managing resources.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Being a visible role model in the ward areas and act as an expert resource for both staff and patients/carers, maintaining a high profile through daily patient visits and quality ward walk rounds.
- Monitoring standards of evidence based nursing care and take appropriate action to sustain and improve them through quality improvement projects.
- Ward budget management- making recommendations regarding cost improvements, revenue opportunities and resource management.
- To be a nurse leader supporting and mentoring the senior nurses within their roles to manage their ward staff effectively, as well as maximising their performance through regular reviews and reflective practice.
- Actively contributing to the Hospital’s Digital Transformation which aims to create better outcomes for patients and better experiences for staff.
- To work occasionally in the capacity of a Duty Manager (Matron’s Office) on a rotational basis as required.
Above all, you’ll share our passion to deliver excellent care and putting our patients at the heart of everything we do, by providing outstanding nurse leadership.
Our recent Care Quality Commission inspection rated the hospital as Good and we are now on a journey to Outstanding. If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of our journey then we would love to hear from you.
In return we offer:
• Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
• Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
• Private Healthcare
• Staff Referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• On-going training and professional development opportunities
• Season Ticket Loan
• Help to buy a bike
• Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge
• Free Employee Assistance Programme
• Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 1st July 2022
Please note, if we receive a high level of applications, we may choose to close this advert early. We encourage you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview.
King Edward VII’s Hospital values our diverse workforce and is commitment to providing equal opportunities. We welcome everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Being a relatively small hospital in size enables all our staff to work as a tightly-knit team. If you can see yourself as part of this team, and we have a vacancy that suits your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.