Job Title: Stores Assistant
Salary: £19,000 to £20,500 per annum
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week ,Monday to Friday
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
We are looking for a proactive and efficient Stores Assistant to join our Procurement Team.
The main purpose of the role will be to ensure the procurement department meets all its obligations in delivering an effective and efficient service to all departments within the Hospital. You will work as a team member reporting to the Stores Manager.
Some of your duties will include:
• Assisting in sourcing, ordering, expediting, receipting, storage/stock control, issuing and general reconciliation of orders and stock
• Ensuring that all stock items and materials are securely & safely stored
• Using appropriate stock management systems (PowerGate) replenish both stores location levels and Top-up levels within clinical stock areas
• Ensuring accurate electronic recording of completed services and goods receipts and ensure filing of all necessary supporting documents
• To do the top up on all areas in the Hospital as required
• To do the pulling daily and update the preference cards as required.
• Dealing with customer queries as they arise both over the phone and face to face
• Conducting intermittent stock verification checks
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
• Confident and effective communicator.
• Willingness to adapt to the changing needs of the service.
• Previous experience of stock control and stock management systems and procedures is desirable
• Ability to follow work instructions and processes.
• Educated to GCSE level including Maths and English
• Possess good IT skills
In return we offer:
• Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
• Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
• Private Healthcare
• Staff Referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
• Season Ticket Loan
• Help to buy a bike
• Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
• Free Employee Assistance Programme
• Various discount vouchers
Closing Date: 30/10/20
King Edward VII’s Hospital values our diverse workforce and is commitment to providing equal opportunities. We welcome everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Being a relatively small hospital in size enables all our staff to work as a tightly-knit team. If you can see yourself as part of this team, and we have a vacancy that suits your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.