What we are looking for:
Job Title: Imaging Receptionist
Hours of Work: 37.5 hrs.per week
Contract Type: Permanent
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. We take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK, supporting veterans through our charitable work. The reputation is built on our exceptional and empowered teams working in a safe and kind environment.
The hospital is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
Our values are at our heart and if you share our values of professionalism, quality, respect, safety and team work, and we have a vacancy to suit your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
What will you be doing?
You will provide a comprehensive, quality reception and administrative service to patients, referrers and all departments within the hospital.
- To receive and welcome patients and staff and deal with any inquiries in a kind and courteous manner.
- To answer incoming telephone calls and deal with queries including imaging appointments and all other clerical duties of the department.
- To communicate effectively with staff within and outside of the department to ensure the smooth operation of the service, including liaison with ward staff, outpatients, consultants, & GP’s.
- To book patients and make appointments for patients, demonstrating an approachable and helpful style of care maintaining a good effective communication when dealing with patients and visitors.
- To ensure that all inquiries are handled in a courteous and tactful manner, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- To act independently ensuring that daily tasks and ongoing workloads are prioritised and completed in agreed time-frames.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships between all departments within the hospital and all members of the multi-disciplinary team.
Who are you?
- Secretarial / administration experience
- Computer/word processing skills including use of email
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Knowledge of medical terminology
In return we offer:
• Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
• Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
• Private Healthcare
• Staff Referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
• Season Ticket Loan
• Help to buy a bike
• Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 24th June 2021
Please note, if we receive a high level of applications, we may choose to close this advert early. We encourage you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview.