Job Title: Front of House Operative – Porter
Salary: £21,500 per year
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week, working Monday to Sunday.
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. We take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK, supporting veterans through our charitable work. The reputation is built on our exceptional and empowered teams working in a safe and kind environment.
The hospital is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
Our values are at our heart and if you share our values of professionalism, quality, respect, safety and team work, and we have a vacancy to suit your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
What will you be doing?
The post holder will be an efficient and effective member of the Front of House Team, maintaining the highest standards of customer service at all times.
To show a flexible approach to work whilst undertaking a wide range of routine and non-routine tasks, ensuring that all visitors to the hospital receive excellent customer service and exemplary patient journey.
To be polite and well presented at all times, and to be able to work unsupervised as well as part of a team.
The post holder will be required to work mostly as a porter but may be asked to cover receptionist and doormen duties as necessary, at both the main hospital and outpatient receptions.
Who are you?
- You will be aware of the responsibilities of all employees to maintain a healthy and safe environment for patients, relatives and staff.
- You will be aware of his/her boundaries of work to and to understand the term ‘Duty of Care’ and to always act in the best interests of the patient/client.
- You will maintain confidentiality at all times.
- You will be aware of personal responsibilities with regard to the Hospital policies and procedures and relevant EC directives and comply with them.
In return we offer:
• Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
• Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
• Private Healthcare
• Staff Referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
• Season Ticket Loan
• Help to buy a bike
• Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 9th August 2021
Please note, if we receive a high level of applications, we may choose to close this advert early. We encourage you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview