What we are looking for:
Job Title: Front of House Operative – Porter
Salary: £21,500 per year
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week, working Monday to Sunday
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. We take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK, supporting veterans through our charitable work. The reputation is built on our exceptional and empowered teams working in a safe and kind environment.
The hospital is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
Our values are at our heart and if you share our values of professionalism, quality, respect, safety and team work, and we have a vacancy to suit your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
What will you be doing?
- The post holder will be required to work mostly as a porter but may be asked to cover receptionist and doormen duties as necessary, at both the main hospital and outpatient receptions.
- Provide excellent customer service
- Carry out all general routine portering duties when required
- Assist patients when requested with personal belongings, escort patients to and from rooms.
- Deliver specimens and collect blood products to and from the pathology laboratories when required.
- To observe Health and Safety and manual handling risk assessment practices laid down by the department and Hospital
Who are you?
- You will have good communication Skills
- Be able to maintain a healthy and safe environment for patients, relatives and staff
- Be able to work unsupervised as well as part of a team
- Understand the term ‘Duty of Care’ and to always act in the best interests of the patient/client
- Be able to maintain patient and hospital confidentiality at all times
In return we offer:
• Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
• Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
• Private Healthcare
• Staff Referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
• Season Ticket Loan
• Help to buy a bike
• Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 4th November 2021
Please note, if we receive a high level of applications, we may choose to close this advert early. We encourage you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview