Job title: Front of House Operative
Hours of work: 37.5hours per week
Part/Full Time: Full time
Department: Front of House
Key duties & Responsibilities:
• To greet and sign in all patients, consultants, and visitors. Informing the relevant staff and/or department of their arrival and to direct all Visitors to the correct location.
• To provide excellent customer service at all times.
• To be fully competent in operating the telephone switchboard efficiently and courteously.
• To assist with all internal and external, incoming and outgoing Hospital Mail.
• Respect and maintain Patient and Hospital confidentiality at all times.
• Liaise closely with Admissions to ensure accurate admission and discharge information is held and note any room changes, ensuring dates and times are recorded and filed appropriately.
• Receive and action all clinic lists from consultants offices, entering clinics into Compucare on a daily basis.
• Register Patients admissions and discharges on Compucare ensuring that all information is captured accurately.
• Ensure that the Reception area is clean and tidy during your shift at all times.
• Maintain the Hospital security policy and ensure all Visitors are processed in accordance with the Hospital’s security procedures, issuing passes as appropriate.
• Take responsibility for the initial operation of emergency systems according to the Hospital policy, initiate any emergency procedures i.e. Cardiac Arrest, Fire Alert and prepare to take instructions from Senior Managers as appropriate.
• Previous experience in delivering high standards of customer service
• I.T literate
• Experience using Compucare is desirable
• Maintaining high standards of professionalism
• Good communication skills
• Maintain a smart appearance
• Ability to work well within a team and independently
Benefits include free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty, 27 days annual leave, private healthcare, company pension scheme, in house training, interest free travel loan upon a successful completion of probation, high retailer shopping discounts, staff referral scheme.
Closing date: This job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received.
Due to the volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.