Job Title: Bookings Assistant
Salary: £23,000 per year
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week, Variation of shifts Monday to Sunday from 8am to 6pm – subject to change
Contract Type: Permanent
About the role
The King Edward VII’s Hospital Contact Centre offers prospective patients a flawless and smooth path to booking an appointment at the hospital. As a Bookings Coordinator, you and your team are the sole points of contact for new patient bookings. The successful candidate will be responsible for facilitating an efficient pathway for patients and any referrers into the hospital.
You will provide outstanding customer service, dealing with all outpatient bookings in an efficient and effective manner, helping to strengthen the Hospital’s reputation and to build strong relationships with all stakeholders. Whenever possible, you will identify and pursue opportunities to convert queries into booked appointments.
Who are you?
You’ll be a self-starter, ready to hit the ground running from day one with a positive attitude, be able to exceed targets – an exceptional telephone manner, and an understanding of what makes outstanding customer service. You’re a strong team player, with the flexibility to work across various duties within the department and able to construct your own correspondence.
Who are we?
The hospital delivers a truly personalised service, prioritising outstanding care over profit, championing collaboration among its specialist teams and combining world-leading medical expertise with the latest in cutting-edge technology to make patients’ lives measurably better. We are also a long standing charity, dedicated to providing the highest levels of subsidised care to veterans of the Armed Forces.
What will you be doing?
- Booking both outpatient, imaging and diagnostic appointments
- Processing all referrals from GPs, patients and other medical professionals. Liaising with secretaries to ensure outpatient appointments are booked with the appropriate consultants
- Ensuring that all enquiries are managed professionally and courteously, ensuring the highest possible conversion rate of enquiries to bookings
- Prioritising and dealing with all enquiries from patients, GPs, consultants, and other stakeholders in a personable, professional and timely manner
- Escalating any concerns/ issues to the Contact Centre Supervisor
- To demonstrate the ability to work well alone and also as part of a team
- Keeping up to date with hospital developments to ensure an excellent knowledge of hospital services
The post holder will be required to comply with all policies and procedures issued.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in sales/bookings (desirable but not essential)
- The ability to exceed targets and KPI’s
- Excellent IT/Admin skills, including good working knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- A confident self-starter, able to work without direction with strong customer-orientation and communication skills
- A keen eye for detail, professional attitude, and ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills
In return you will receive:
- Free restaurant quality food whilst on duty
- Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays increasing with length of service
- Company pension scheme
- Interest free travel loan
- Private healthcare
- Bicycle Loan Scheme
- Retailer discounts
Applications close on the 5th January 2022
Please note, if we receive a high level of applications, we may choose to close this advert early. We encourage you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview.
King Edward VII’s Hospital values our diverse workforce and is commitment to providing equal opportunities. We welcome everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Being a relatively small hospital in size enables all our staff to work as a tightly-knit team. If you can see yourself as part of this team, and we have a vacancy that suits your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.