What we are looking for:
Job Title: Outpatient Sister
Salary: £42,840 ( inclusive of LW )
Hours of work: 37.5 per week
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. We take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK, supporting veterans through our charitable work. The reputation is built on our exceptional and empowered teams working in a safe and kind environment.
The hospital is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
Our values are at our heart and if you share our values of professionalism, quality, respect, safety and team work, and we have a vacancy to suit your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
What will you be doing?
- To support the Business manager in the day to day running of the clinical services within outpatient departments (EKH, Charterhouse, Ground floor main hospital, Pre-admissions) ensuring patients receive safe care and treatment in accordance to current national guidance and based on evidence
- To proactively monitor patient flow and workforce resources on a day to day basis, contributing to outpatient efficiencies.
- To support the Business Manager in ensuring effective utilisation of all outpatient resources.
- To act as a clinical expert and a visible role model and provide specialist knowledge, professional leadership and support to staff within the unit.
Who are you?
- Excellent clinical leadership skills
- Interpersonal and influencing skills
- Venepuncture & cannulation skills
- Make appropriate decisions & meet deadlines
- Ability to problem solve and deal diplomatically with staff, visitors and patients/ ability to solve complex and sensitive problems.
- Ability to work well under pressure/ work independently
- Computer skills
- Highly motivated and forward thinking
In return we offer:
- Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
- Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD
- Private Healthcare
- Staff Referral scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Help to buy a bike
- Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 28th July 2021
Please note, if we receive a high level of applications, we may choose to close this advert early. We encourage you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview