Job Title: Urology Clinical Nurse Specialist
Salary: Competitive Salary
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
At King Edward VII’s Hospital we offer the highest standards of medical and surgical care across a range of specialities, and our consultants are considered leaders in their fields of expertise.
We are seeking to recruit a Urology Clinical Nurse Specialist, to progress our Urology services. The Urology service is a key in our Men’s Health strategy which empowers clinical teams to agree patient pathways allowing us to publish robust data evidencing quality and best practice.
Please feel free to talk to us about your availability; we have a flexible approach to our shift patterns and are happy to discuss hours to help support your lifestyle and commitments.
The scope of this role is extensive:
- Working with Urology consultants to set up protocols, pathways, multi-disciplinary meetings, clinics and multi-disciplinary ward rounds.
- Co-ordinating the complex patient journey, from diagnosis to surgery/treatment, recovery and follow up.
- Providing holistic care, advice and support to the patients and their families through daily ward rounds; helping the patients to achieve a successful recovery and rehabilitation.
- Working closely with the CNS team to develop the Enhanced Recovery programme for urology patients.
- Teaching – improving staff skills and knowledge about caring for patients with urological conditions and enhanced recovery.
- Clinical governance activity including audit, measuring outcomes and research.
- Change agent in relation to the care and management of Urology patients.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Urology CNS, an expert practitioner able to lead and organise complex care across multi-professions. The education needed for the role is preferable at Masters level, with evidence of Masters level thinking and problem solving.
You will enjoy working as part of a small multidisciplinary team providing an excellent service for our patients and surgeons. You will show individual drive and initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
In return we offer:
• Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
• Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
• Private Healthcare
• Staff Referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
• Season Ticket Loan
• Help to buy a bike
• Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
• Free Employee Assistance Programme
• Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 01/07/2022
King Edward VII’s Hospital values our diverse workforce and is commitment to providing equal opportunities. We welcome everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Being a relatively small hospital in size enables all our staff to work as a tightly-knit team. If you can see yourself as part of this team, and we have a vacancy that suits your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.