Job Title: Senior Staff Nurse – Inpatients
Salary: £38,917 per annum (inclusive)
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week , Flexible (night and day) – mostly nights
Contract Type: Permanent
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. We take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK, supporting veterans through our charitable work. The reputation is built on our exceptional and empowered teams working in a safe and kind environment.
What will you be doing?
- Participate in and contribute to the direct delivery of compassionate patient care.
- To lead the shift, co-ordinating care, liaising with consultants and supervising more junior staff to ensure excellent patient care.
- Assist with effective organisation and staffing of the ward.
- Provide professional leadership to junior staff.
- Effectively liaise and co-operate with all wards and departments within the hospital.
Who are you?
- You will have a passion for delivering excellent and individually tailored patient care.
- You will motivate and empower the more junior staff to provide outstanding care
- Your excellent communications skills will ensure your integration into our multidisciplinary team and support services such as stores and bookings.
- You will be an excellent problem solving for a fast paced environment
- Registered Nurse (NMC)
- Experience working in an inpatient environment.
You will be passionate about providing outstanding care – our key specialties are orthopaedics, gynaecology, urology, and breast surgery. It is a challenging and varied ward and we are looking for a candidate that is excited about opportunities to further their knowledge and skill in these specialties.
You will be supported to provide outstanding person centered care by an experienced multidisciplinary team of ward sisters, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, healthcare support workers, therapists and a clinical practice facilitator.
In return we offer:
- Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
- Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Private Healthcare
- Staff Referral scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Help to buy a bike
- Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 15 February 2022
Please note, if we receive a high level of applications, we may choose to close this advert early. We encourage you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview.
King Edward VII’s Hospital values our diverse workforce and is commitment to providing equal opportunities. We welcome everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Being a relatively small hospital in size enables all our staff to work as a tightly-knit team.
In-line with Government legislation, From 1 April 2022 it will be a legal requirement for you to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status or an exemption certificate to work for a healthcare organisation.