Job Title: Senior Staff Nurse – Inpatients
Salary: £39,500 inclusive of LW + USH up to 15%.
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week , Flexible (night and day)
Contract Type: Permanent
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. We take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK, supporting veterans through our charitable work. The reputation is built on our exceptional and empowered teams working in a safe and kind environment.
The hospital is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
Our values are at our heart and if you share our values of professionalism, quality, respect, safety and team work, and we have a vacancy to suit your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
What will you be doing?
- Participate in and contribute to the direct delivery of compassionate patient care.
- To lead the shift, co-ordinating care, liaising with consultants and supervising more junior staff to ensure excellent patient care.
- Assist with effective organisation and staffing of the ward.
- Provide professional leadership to junior staff.
- Effectively liaise and co-operate with all wards and departments within the hospital.
Who are you?
- You will have a passion for delivering excellent and individually tailored patient care.
- You will motivate and empower the more junior staff to provide outstanding care
- Your excellent communications skills will ensure your integration into our multidisciplinary team and support services such as stores and bookings.
- You will be an excellent problem solving for a fast paced environment
- Registered Nurse (NMC)
- Experience working in an inpatient environment.
You will be passionate about providing outstanding care – our key specialties are orthopaedics, gynaecology, urology, and breast surgery. It is a challenging and varied ward and we are looking for a candidate that is excited about opportunities to further their knowledge and skill in these specialties.
You will be supported to provide outstanding person centered care by an experienced multidisciplinary team of ward sisters, clinical nurse specialists, nurses, healthcare support workers, therapists and a clinical practice facilitator.
In return we offer:
- Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
- Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Private Healthcare
- Staff Referral scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Help to buy a bike
- Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 9th August 2021
Please note, if we receive a high level of applications, we may choose to close this advert early. We encourage you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview.