What we are looking for:
Job Title: P/T Weekend Senior Physiotherapist, Band 6, Inpatients.
Hours of Work: 12 hrs per week, Saturdays and Sundays
Contract Type: Part time, Permanent
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. With an enviable tradition of delivering exceptional care to our patients, we take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK.
What will you be doing?
- You will undertake comprehensive assessments of patients and to formulate effective, clinically reasoned treatment plans.
- You will carry out timely assessment and treatment of a mixed caseload of inpatients and to facilitate safe discharge home from the hospital.
- You will be competent in using a wide variety of assessment techniques and skills.
- You will assess patients’ needs for any rehabilitative equipment and aids to improve safety and functioning within the home.
- You will train patients, carers, family members and other agencies on the use of any equipment issued.
Who are you?
- You will demonstrate the ability to communicate complex and sensitive information to patients, carers and other staff including imparting unwelcome news.
- You will demonstrate the mental ability to remain concentrated and focused throughout a working day and respond to a variety of patient emotional needs.
- You will be able to manage potentially stressful, upsetting or emotional situations in an empathetic manner.
- You will represent the Physiotherapy service and/or individual patients at the multi-disciplinary team meeting and senior staff nursing meetings.
In return we offer:
• Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
• Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
• Private Healthcare
• Staff Referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
• Season Ticket Loan
• Help to buy a bike
• Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
• Free Employee Assistance Programme
• Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 28th May 2021
Please note – due to the high volume of applicants, we will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview
King Edward VII’s Hospital values our diverse workforce and is commitment to providing equal opportunities. We welcome everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Being a relatively small hospital in size enables all our staff to work as a tightly-knit team. If you can see yourself as part of this team, and we have a vacancy that suits your skills, we look forward to hearing from you