Job Title: Senior Pharmacy Technician
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week , Monday to Friday
Contract Type: Fixed Term 12 months
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. We take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK, supporting veterans through our charitable work. The reputation is built on our exceptional and empowered teams working in a safe and kind environment.
The hospital is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
Our values are at our heart and if you share our values of professionalism, quality, respect, safety and team work, and we have a vacancy to suit your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
What will you be doing?
You will provide a high standard of pharmaceutical services which consistently meet the needs of all service users safely and effectively. This will involve working within the pharmacy team with the aim to deliver a good medicines management service in line with General Pharmaceutical Council of Great Britain (GPhC) guidelines throughout the hospital including patients, hospital departments, allied health-care professionals, consultants and hospital associates. To work within the relevant SOPs including the relevant health and safety and COSHH procedures and within own limits of responsibility/competency.
Who are you?
- Hospital experience or a technician willing to gain new skills for the hospital sector
- Knowledge of General Pharmaceutical Council Codes of Professional Conduct, Ethics and Performance and their implications for practice.
- Proficient in the use of a PC, including the use of software and systems.
- Knowledge of hospital pharmacy standards and guidelines e.g. RPS and GPhC recommendations.
- Knowledge of Clinical Governance and auditing.
- Demonstrates a significant contribution to change management.
- Previous experience of guideline, policy and procedures formulation.
In return we offer:
• Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
• Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
• Private Healthcare
• Staff Referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
• Season Ticket Loan
• Help to buy a bike
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 24th June 2021
Please note, if we receive a high level of applications, we may choose to close this advert early. We encourage you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview.