What we are looking for:
Job Title: Senior Pharmacy Technician
Salary: £30,000 to £33,000 per annum
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week
Part/Full Time: Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Pharmacy Technician to join a team of dedicated staff in the Pharmacy department.
Key responsibilities include:
- To dispense outpatient, in-patient and TTA’s, IVF and control drug prescriptions in accordance with local and standard operating procedures.
- To provide a Pharmacy service to patients of the hospital including labelling, dispensing and providing administration information to the patient.
- To work within the relevant SOPs including the relevant health and safety and COSHH procedures and within own limits of responsibility/competency.
- To participate on the ward top up including wards, theatre’s and other departments
- To counsel patients/carers on the safe and effective use of their prescribed medicines
- To maintain adequate stock levels and ordering stock.
- To be involved in regular expiry date checks and general stock take
- You will hold a up to date GPhC registration
- You should hold a BTEC or NVQ Level 3 (Pharmaceutical Services) qualification or equivalent.
- Be working towards an ACT/AMMT accreditation or similar.
- Have at least 2 years previous experience in a hospital setting or at least 5 years in community setting will be considered.
- Possess excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Good IT skills (proficient in Microsoft applications)
We offer benefits which include free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty, annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, private healthcare, company pension scheme, in house training, interest free travel loan , access to staff referral scheme and employee discount portal.
King Edward VII’s Hospital values our diverse workforce