What are we looking for:
Job Title: Resident Medical Officer
Hours of Work: 42 hrs per week Mon-Sun
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. With an enviable tradition of delivering exceptional care to our patients, we take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK.
What will you be doing?
- You will ensure the highest standards of clinical care are met by demonstrating clinical excellence and providing evidence based practice.
- You will provide 24 hour routine and emergency medical cover for patient care, supervising the daily clinical management of patients in conjunction with the nurse team leaders and under the guidance of Consultants.
- You will clerk and assess urgent/emergency admissions and to contact the consultant to identify immediate treatment pathways.
- You will To respond immediately to clinical emergencies within all departments in the hospital and active role as designated during team brief for the resuscitation team during emergency situations.
Who are you?
- You will be fully registered with the GMC.
- You will have basic membership of a Medical Defence Institution.
- you will have a current ALS Certificate (UK).
- you will have a minimum of two years’ experience as a Senior House Officer.
In return we offer:
• Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
• Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
• Private Healthcare
• Staff Referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
• Season Ticket Loan
• Help to buy a bike
• Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 12th May 2021
Please note – due to the high volume of applicants, we will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview
King Edward VII’s Hospital values our diverse workforce and is commitment to providing equal opportunities. We welcome everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Being a relatively small hospital in size enables all our staff to work as a tightly-knit team. If you can see yourself as part of this team, and we have a vacancy that suits your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.