What we are looking for:
Job title: Pre-Assessment Lead Nurse
Salary: £36,000 to £38,850 per year
Hours: 37.5 per week ,7.5 hours per day Monday- Friday
Contract Type: Fixed term – 12 months, Maternity Cover
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Registered Nurse, to join our team in the nurse-led Pre-Assessment Clinic.
This is a 12 month fixed term position covering maternity leave.
As Pre-Assessment Lead Nurse you will work with patients ensuring they are prepared physically and psychologically for surgery. You will assess a patients’ suitability for safe admission identifying and acting upon any potential risk factors.
You will act as a clinical expert and a visible role model and provide specialist knowledge, professional leadership and support to staff within the unit.
You will enjoy working as part of a small multidisciplinary team providing an excellent pre-operative service for our patients and surgeons.
- Registered Nurse with a valid NMC pin
- Pre-assessment experience and knowledge is essential
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communication skills
- Demonstrate proven experience in a senior, leadership position
- Passion for high quality patient care
- Be able to work without direct supervision and able to make clinical decisions independently
In return we offer:
• Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
• Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
• Private Healthcare
• Staff Referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
• Season Ticket Loan
• Help to buy a bike
• Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 11/11/20
King Edward VII’s Hospital values our diverse workforce and is commitment to providing equal opportunities. We welcome everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Being a relatively small hospital in size enables all our staff to work as a tightly-knit team. If you can see yourself as part of this team, and we have a vacancy that suits your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.