Job Title: Band 6 Occupational Therapist
Salary: £32k – £35k per annum
Hours of work: 37.5 hrs a week (Monday to Friday)
Contract Type: Permanent
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. We take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK, supporting veterans through our charitable work. The reputation is built on our exceptional and empowered teams working in a safe and kind environment.
The hospital is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
Our values are at our heart and if you share our values of professionalism, quality, respect, safety and team work, and we have a vacancy to suit your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
What will you be doing?
- To be professional, legally responsible and accountable for all aspects of your own work including the management of patients in your care
- To ensure a high standard of clinical care to inpatient clients under your management.
- To undertake comprehensive assessments of patients and to formulate effective, clinically reasoned treatment plans.
- To carry out timely assessment and treatment of a mixed caseload of patients and to facilitate safe discharge home from the hospital.
- To be competent in using a wide variety of assessment techniques and skills
- To assess patients’ needs for any rehabilitative equipment and aids to improve safety and functioning within the home
Who are you?
- You will ensure high standards of cleanliness and presentation are maintained at all times.
- You will be responsible for the safe use of equipment used within the physiotherapy department, notifying the Therapy Manager of any equipment in need of repair or maintenance, and employing effective use of reporting systems already in place.
- You will be flexible and open to taking on duties with regard to both hospital and departmental administration.
- you will comply fully with all departmental and organisational policies and procedures.
- You will be flexible and open to undertaking any other duties that might be considered appropriate by the Therapy Manager, especially during busy periods.
In return we offer:
- Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
- Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
- Private Healthcare
- Staff Referral scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Help to buy a bike
- Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
- Free Employee Assistance Programme
- Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 1st February 2022
Please note, if we receive a high level of applications, we may choose to close this advert early. We encourage you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview.
King Edward VII’s Hospital values our diverse workforce and is commitment to providing equal opportunities. We welcome everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Being a relatively small hospital in size enables all our staff to work as a tightly-knit team. If you can see yourself as part of this team, and we have a vacancy that suits your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
In-line with Government legislation, From 1 April 2022 it will be a legal requirement for you to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status or an exemption certificate to work for a healthcare organisation.