Job Title: Lead Nurse- Breast Care Service
Salary: £35,600 to £39,500 dependent on experience
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week , Monday to Friday – The Breast Care clinics usually run 8am till 6 pm.This is a full time post but we are interested to hear from staff that wish to negotiate a part time or flexible opportunity
Contract Type: Permanent
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. We take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK, supporting veterans through our charitable work. The reputation is built on our exceptional and empowered teams working in a safe and kind environment.
The hospital is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
Our values are at our heart and if you share our values of professionalism, quality, respect, safety and team work, and we have a vacancy to suit your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
What will you be doing?
The Breast Care Unit is within the Woman’s Health Service and provides specialist services for patients undergoing screening, diagnostics, treatment and follow up for both cancer and benign breast conditions. You will be working closely with the Breast CNS assisting the consultants with their clinics and supporting the patient pathway. This will include supporting pre-operative assessment and inpatient care . The work is varied and challenging, working with the experienced Breast CNS will enable you to develop new skills and grow. We actively support you to be the best you can be in your role providing CPD and enhanced competency training
Who are you?
- You’ll possess experience and knowledge to support the Breast Care patients.
- You will have a passion for delivering excellent and individually tailored patient care.
- Your excellent communications skills will ensure your integration into our multidisciplinary team and support services.
- You will be able to assess and facilitate the patient journey
- You will be an excellent problem solving for a fast paced environment
- You will be willing to undertake further training relevant to the speciality
- Registered Nurse (NMC)
In return we offer:
- Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
- Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Private Healthcare
- Staff Referral scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Help to buy a bike
- Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 10th August 2021
Please note – due to the high volume of applicants, we will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview
King Edward VII’s Hospital values our diverse workforce and is commitment to providing equal opportunities. We welcome everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Being a relatively small hospital in size enables all our staff to work as a tightly-knit team. If you can see yourself as part of this team, and we have a vacancy that suits your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.