Job Title: Inpatient Nurse Manager
Salary: Up to £52,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Hours of work: 37.5 per week , Monday to Friday.but may be occasional requirement for weekends or nights
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Inpatient Nurse Manager to join our team. We are looking for a dedicated and dynamic nurse-leader to provide clinical management and leadership across both our long and short stay ward.
This new position comes at an exciting time for the hospital and would be an excellent step-up for a skilled nurse leader, or an interesting challenge for an experienced ward manager looking to expand their role.
The successful candidate will be an experienced senior nurse with a passion for managing and empowering nursing teams to provide compassionate person-centred care and clinical excellence. This includes a commitment to focusing on professional development and learning within teams.
This role requires a clinical leader that demonstrates their ability to excel at managing well-organised, efficient departments with a clear understanding of financial targets and managing resources.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Day to day running of two wards (long stay/short stay) and pre assessment clinic to ensure the highest standards of patient-centred care are met and upheld.
- Be a visible role model in the ward areas and act as an expert resource for both staff and patients/carers, maintaining a high profile through daily patient visits and quality ward walk rounds.
- To monitor standards of evidence based nursing care and take appropriate action to sustain and improve them through quality improvement projects.
- Ward budget management- making recommendations regarding cost improvements, revenue opportunities and resource management.
- Manage ward staff effectively, delegating appropriately and maximising performance through regular review and reflective practice.
- Actively contributing to the Hospital’s Digital Transformation which aims to create better outcomes for patients and better experiences for staff.
- To take responsibility for the overall management and administration of the Hospital in the capacity of Duty Manager (Matron’s Office) on a rotational basis and as required.
Above all, you’ll share our passion for caring and putting patients at the heart of everything we do
Our recent Care Quality Commission inspection rated the hospital as Good and we are now on a journey to Outstanding. If you are passionate about making a difference and want to be part of our journey then we would love to hear from you.
In return we offer:
• Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
• Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
• Private Healthcare
• Staff Referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
• Season Ticket Loan
• Help to buy a bike
• Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
• Free Employee Assistance Programme
• Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 10/12/20
King Edward VII’s Hospital values our diverse workforce and is commitment to providing equal opportunities. We welcome everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Being a relatively small hospital in size enables all our staff to work as a tightly-knit team. If you can see yourself as part of this team, and we have a vacancy that suits your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.