Salary: £25,488; London weighting and Unsociable Hrs included
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week , Flexible day and nights
Contract Type: Permanent
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. We take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK, supporting veterans through our charitable work. The reputation is built on our exceptional and empowered teams working in a safe and kind environment.
The hospital is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
What will you be doing?
- To assist the registered nurse in welcoming and orientating patients to the ward environment
- Undertake patient observations including pulse, temperature, respiration and blood pressure and record them clearly and accurately. To calculate a MEWS score and inform qualified staff of any abnormalities/ changes as per the calling criteria Provide quality hygiene care to the patients including bed making, showering, bathing, skincare and mouth care.
- To assist patients with their elimination needs while maintaining the patient’s dignity.
- Help patients with their meal choices and nutrition by observing individual dietetic requirements and providing direct support at mealtimes as necessary.
- To assist patients with mobility and rehabilitation.
Who are you?
You must have the ability to promote patient centered care and establish good relationships with patients and carers. You must have a positive attitude with strong interpersonal skills.
In return we offer:
• Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
• Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
• Private Healthcare
• Staff Referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
• Season Ticket Loan
• Help to buy a bike
• Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
• Free Employee Assistance Programme
• Various discount vouchers
Closing Date: 9th August 2021
Please note, if we receive a high level of applications, we may choose to close this advert early. We encourage you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview.