What we are looking for:
Job Title: Bank ITU Clinical Fellow
Salary: £48.96 per hour on weekdays / £51.40 per hour on Sat/Sun and Night (8pm-8am)
Hours of Work: Flexible
Contract Type: Bank
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. We take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK, supporting veterans through our charitable work. The reputation is built on our exceptional and empowered teams working in a safe and kind environment.
The hospital is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
Our values are at our heart and if you share our values of professionalism, quality, respect, safety and team work, and we have a vacancy to suit your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
This is a bank role which involves working ad hoc shifts, you will help provide cover during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
The critical care unit consists of 4 intensive care beds/high dependency beds. Critical care provides treatment for a wide variety of medical and complex surgical patients.
What will you be doing?
- You will be responsible for managing the patients in Critical Care and attending to Outreach calls from the wards as part of the outreach team. They are in charge of airway management as part of the resuscitation team.
- You will have a general duty of care for your own health, safety and well-being and that of work colleagues, visitors and patients within the hospital, in addition to any specific risk management or clinical governance accountabilities associated with this post.
- You will be required to observe the rules, policies, procedures and standards of King Edward VII’s Hospital with all relevant statutory and professional obligations.
Who are you?
- GMC registered with a license to practice
- Possession of MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
- Have a minimum of 12 month experience of working in a Critical Care or High Dependency environment
- Able to work at SpR or equivalent
- Excellent clinical skills in critically ill patients
- Have the ability to build good relationships and work collaboratively with staff at all levels
In return we offer:
- Free restaurant quality meal whilst on duty
- Genuine progression opportunities
- Paid holiday ( holiday is accrued during every shift you work)
- Statutory maternity/paternity (subject to qualifying criteria)
Closing Date: 10th August 2021
Please note, if we receive a high level of applications, we may choose to close this advert early. We encourage you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview.