Job title: Human Resources and Learning & Development Director
Hours of work: 37.5 per week
Part/Full Time: Full Time
Are you looking for your next challenge in a growing and dynamic environment?
An exciting new opportunity has become available for an experienced HR & Learning and Development Director to join our Hospital.
Reporting into the Chief Executive, this role will play a pivotal role in the creation and implementation of the HR & L&D strategy that is aligned to achieving the organisation’s objectives. The post holder will also lead on all HR operations, ensuring they are managed and executed to a high standard at all times. They will also lead and motivate a team of 3 including an L&D lead.
The role will be responsible to:
- Review, develop and embed all the necessary HR policies, systems and procedures as necessary in order to comply with legislation and best practice;
- Work with the Executive team to deliver the Organisational strategy.
- Ensure there is a robust L&D culture and engaged workforce.
- Provide advice and guidance regarding policy, legal issues, performance management, annual performance reviews and employee development plans
- Lead on the wellbeing and wellness initiatives for the Hospital staff, as well as ensuring the equality and diversity agenda and action plan is being met and addressed.
- Ensure the Organisation recruits and retains the best talent in the Industry, creating a driven and engaged culture.
- Leading on the recruitment of all staff for the Hospital’s new outpatient and imaging facility
- Lead on all Employment Relations issues, effectively managing and providing guidance on these issues
- Review and advise on remuneration and benefits ensuring that the Organisation is competitive and fair.
The ideal candidate will have;
- Post graduate qualification in HR or equivalent experience
- Chartered Member or Fellow of CIPD with evidence of ongoing CPD
- Substantial experience of delivering an efficient and effective HR service with demonstrable evidence of offering pragmatic and commercial advice to managers and staff
- Significant experience of developing and implementing business focussed HR policies and procedures
- Comprehensive understanding of employment law and its application in the workplace
- Strong IT, including HRMI system, skills
- Experience of managing all aspects of organisational change/restructure processes
- Ability to demonstrates commercial acumen – partners with the business to deliver commercially focused people strategies
- Experience of delivering training programmes
- Previous budget management
We offer benefits which include free restaurant quality meal whilst on duty, annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, private healthcare, company pension scheme, in house training, interest free travel loan.
Closing Date: 24th January 2019