What we are looking for:
Job Title: Housekeeping Assistant
Salary: £18,000 per year
Hours of work: 37.5 per week, Monday – Sunday
Contract Type: Permanent
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. We take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK, supporting veterans through our charitable work. The reputation is built on our exceptional and empowered teams working in a safe and kind environment.
The hospital is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
Our values are at our heart and if you share our values of professionalism, quality, respect, safety and team work, and we have a vacancy to suit your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
What will you be doing?
You will be responsible for maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness throughout the Hospital, working closely with other housekeeping staff.
Key Duties will include:
- To be responsible for the upkeep of all communal areas and our patient rooms.
- To ensure all cleaning equipment and materials are maintained and used correctly.
- To ensure the Housekeeping store rooms are kept clean and tidy at all times
- To follow the Hospital Infection Control Policy
Who are you?
- Have a positive, ‘can do’ attitude
- To be able to work in a team environment
- Passionate and keen to develop
- Previous experience in a similar environment is an advantage
In return we offer:
- Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
- Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
- Private Healthcare
- Staff Referral scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Help to buy a bike
- Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 31st October 2021
Please note, if we receive a high level of applications, we may choose to close this advert early. We encourage you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview