Job Title: Night Housekeeping Assistant
Hours of work: 37.5 per week
Part/Full Time: Full Time
Type of role: Permanent
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. We take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK, supporting veterans through our charitable work. The reputation is built on our exceptional and empowered teams working in a safe and kind environment.
The hospital is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
Our values are at our heart and if you share our values of professionalism, quality, respect, safety and team work, and we have a vacancy to suit your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
What will you be doing?
We are currently recruiting for a Housekeeping Assistant to join our Hotel Services team and become part of the King Edward VII’s Hospital family. We are looking for a motivated, friendly and flexible individual, who will ensure that cleaning products are used effectively and that the designated work area is clean and safe for our patients and staff.
- Ensure your designated work areas are kept clean, presentable and safe for Patients as detailed in the Housekeeping policies & procedures manuals
- Ensure the Housekeeping store rooms are kept clean and tidy at all times.
- Vacuuming, mopping, polishing and general up-keep of all communal areas and our patients room
- To follow the Hospital Infection Control Policy
- Use and handle machinery in accordance with the role following all Health & Safety guidelines
Who are you?
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in a similar role , have a good command of the English language ,be able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team. Have a passion for patient care and have a flexible approach.
In return we offer:
• Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
• Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
• Private Healthcare
• Staff Referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
• Season Ticket Loan
• Help to buy a bike
• Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 22nd June 2021
Please note – due to the high volume of applicants, we will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview
King Edward VII’s Hospital values our diverse workforce and is commitment to providing equal opportunities. We welcome everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Being a relatively small hospital in size enables all our staff to work as a tightly-knit team. If you can see yourself as part of this team, and we have a vacancy that suits your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.