Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week
Annual Leave: 27 days
Part time / Full time: Full time
Department: Hotel Services
King Edward VII’s Hospital is one of the UK’s premier private hospitals with an enviable tradition of excellence based in the heart of London’s medical precinct. We take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the world. This is a direct reflection of the calibre of our individually selected consultants and our exemplary staff who provide an excellent service to our patients.
We are looking for individuals who can work under pressure to join our busy housekeeping department on an as required basis. The candidate may be required to work flexible hours as required by the hospital including some nights.
Key duties & Responsibilities
• To carry out cleaning procedures as detailed in the Housekeeping policies & procedures manuals as directed by the Housekeeping Supervisor.
• To ensure all cleaning equipment and materials are maintained and used correctly.
• To carry out a substantial amount of manual handling, including for moving heavy cages, operating heavy machinery such as the cardboard crusher, scrub machine, polish machine and shampoo machine
• To ensure the Housekeeping store rooms are kept clean and tidy at all times
• To follow the Hospital Infection Control Policy
• To maintain a cheerful disposition at all times, with patients and staff.
Skills and experience
• The ideal candidate must have at least 12 months relevant cleaning and catering experience within the Hospital/Hospitality industry and a working knowledge of infection control.
• A good command of the English language both written and verbal is essential.
Benefits include free restaurant quality meal whilst on duty, 27 days annual leave, private healthcare, company pension scheme, in house training, interest free travel loan upon a successful completion of probation, childcare vouchers, staff referral scheme. Furthermore uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.