What we are looking for:
Job Title: Hotel Services Night Team Leader
Hours of Work: 37.5 Monday – Sunday Rotational hours to be confirmed likely 22.30-07.00am
Contract Type: Permanent
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. We take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK, supporting veterans through our charitable work. The reputation is built on our exceptional and empowered teams working in a safe and kind environment.
The hospital is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
Our values are at our heart and if you share our values of professionalism, quality, respect, safety and team work, and we have a vacancy to suit your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
What will you be doing?
An exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our Hotel Services department as a Night Team Leader you will ensure we provide the highest standards of cleanliness and will welcome the challenge of motivating a large team.
Key responsibilities include:
- To carry out with the induction and appropriate training of new members of Staff into the Hotel Services Department.
- Encouraging all staff to improve their job knowledge through personal development, mentoring when necessary.
- Complete yearly appraisals and progression meetings for staff
- Manage stock availability and waste, mentoring team members on how to achieve excellence
- To ensure that all cleaning equipment and materials are used and maintained correctly.
- Team scheduling, rotas and holiday requests
- Provide daily support to the Housekeeping and Catering Services Manager in all areas
Who are you?
We are looking for someone who can work as part of a team with excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to train others. You will have experience in Hospital/Hospitality industry and a working knowledge of infection control.
In return we offer:
- Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
- Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
- Continuous Professional Development (CPD
- Private Healthcare
- Staff Referral scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
- Season Ticket Loan
- Help to buy a bike
- Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 10 August 2021
Please note, if we receive a high level of applications, we may choose to close this advert early. We encourage you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview