What are we looking for:
Job Title: Demi Chef De Partie
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, 5 days from 7
Contract Type: Permanent, Full Time
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. With an enviable tradition of delivering exceptional care to our patients, we take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK.
What will you be doing:
- To be competent in a range of food preparation, cooking and presentation techniques.
- To personally prepare dishes for patients and hospital staff and participate in other activities in the kitchen.
- To ensure that dishes are produced to the required standards both in quality and presentation prior to service.
- To requisite supplies and ensure that they are properly used and accounted for and all storage areas are kept clean. Report any depleting stocks from storage areas to The Head Chef or Sous Chef.
- To comply with statutory and hospital regulations concerning the hygiene and safety of staff, food and equipment.
Who are you?
- You will have 1 year experience working in a professional kitchen
- You will have the ability to assess, plan and prioritise workload. Make appropriate decisions and meet deadline
- You will have proven Knowledge of Health & Safety
In return we offer:
• Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
• Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
• Private Healthcare
• Staff Referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
• Season Ticket Loan
• Help to buy a bike
• Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 12th May 2021
Please note – due to the high volume of applicants, we will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview
King Edward VII’s Hospital values our diverse workforce and is commitment to providing equal opportunities. We welcome everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Being a relatively small hospital in size enables all our staff to work as a tightly-knit team. If you can see yourself as part of this team, and we have a vacancy that suits your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.