What we are looking for:
Job title: Food Service Assistant (Bank)
Salary : £10.75 per hour
Hours of work : Flexible
Contract Type: Bank
We are currently recruiting for a Food Service Assistant-Bank to join our dedicated Hotel Services team. This is a bank role which involves working ad hoc shifts ,you will help provide cover during busy periods and provide cover for existing staff in times of annual leave or absence.
By joining the Hospital as a Food Service Assistant on our bank it will give you the chance to gain experience, allows you a great deal of flexibility as you get to choose shifts that suit you.
What will I be doing ?
• Serve orders for food and beverage to patients in their room
• Recording patient charges onto Compucare on daily basis.
• Help prepare and serve all working lunches and functions
• Maintain stock’s levels
• Ensure hygiene and health and safety standards are met at all times
• Liaising with other departments to ensure patients’ needs are met in a timely manner
• Ability to work under pressure
• Excellent service skills with attentive customer care
• Be flexible and adaptable
• Have an understanding of food hygiene and health & safety
What will you receive in return ?
• Free restaurant quality meal whilst on duty
• Genuine progression opportunities
• Paid holiday ( holiday is accrued during every shift you work)
• Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
Closing date: 07/01/21
King Edward VII’s Hospital values our diverse workforce and is commitment to providing equal opportunities. We welcome everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Being a relatively small hospital in size enables all our staff to work as a tightly-knit team. If you can see yourself as part of this team, and we have a vacancy that suits your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.