Job Title : Patient Experience Manager
Salary: £33 000 – £39,000 dependent on experience
Hours of Work: 37.5 hrs. per week
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. We take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK, supporting veterans through our charitable work. The reputation is built on our exceptional and empowered teams working in a safe and kind environment.
The hospital is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
Our values are at our heart and if you share our values of professionalism, quality, respect, safety and team work, and we have a vacancy to suit your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
What will you be doing?
You will play a key part in the implementation of our Patient Experience and Engagement strategy. The strategy was developed as a result of the involvement and consultation of patients, carers and staff and aims to ensure that patients are at the centre of all we do, in order to enhance patient satisfaction, improve clinical outcomes and achieve the hospital’s vision and mission. You will lead on engaging with patients from diverse backgrounds to promote innovations and quality improvements that matter to patients.
You will lead on formal complaints management, including the administration of the complaints module on Datix, following and guiding staff on the complaints process, undertaking complaint investigations, drafting high quality complaint responses and following up on learning and improvements.
You will co-ordinate the provision of information to the patient working with subject matter experts and marketing. You will be committed to ensuring that the hospital provides high-quality, clearly communicated, evidence-based healthcare information, which is accessible and developed with its users, so that everyone can understand their care, and make informed decisions about their health and wellbeing.
Who are you?
- You will need to be committed to involving people and improving the patient experience.
- You will need excellent project management experience in order to deliver on key improvements.
- You will need to have proven data handling skills, with the ability to interpret quantitative and qualitative data to produce reports.
- You will have previous experience of patient or customer experience management.
- You will have experience of complaints management including investigations and complaint response letters.
- You will have excellent interpersonal skills with experience of dealing with difficult situations to achieve a positive outcome and resolution.
- You will have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
In return we offer:
- Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
• Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
• Private Healthcare
• Staff Referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
• Season Ticket Loan
• Help to buy a bike
• Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
• Free Employee Assistance Programme
• Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 28th June 2021
We do reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
Please note – due to the high volume of applicants, we will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview
King Edward VII’s Hospital values our diverse workforce and is commitment to providing equal opportunities. We welcome everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Being a relatively small hospital in size enables all our staff to work as a tightly-knit team. If you can see yourself as part of this team, and we have a vacancy that suits your skills, we look forward to hearing from you