What we are looking for:
Job Title: Health and Safety/Fire and Security Lead
Salary: £55,000 -£60,000 subject to experience
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week, working Monday to Friday
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. With an enviable tradition of delivering exceptional care to our patients, we take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK.
What will you be doing?
The post holder will be responsible for the for the systematic identification, recording, evaluation of risks arising from non-compliance with statutory legislation relating to the management of Health & Safety within the organisation and to minimise the hospitals exposure to those risks. This will include the delivery of an effective and efficient healthcare service capable of demonstrating high levels of compliance with health, safety, fire and environmental legislation. The post holder would interpret the current and any new legislative changes including the development of relevant risk assessments and guidance throughout the organisation.
Who are you?
- You will be an experienced health and safety practitioner 3 years post qualification.
- NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety or Equivalent.
- IFE Level 3 Certificate in Fire Science, Operations, Fire Safety and Management or Equivalent.
- Experience of working in a healthcare setting
- You will have in depth knowledge of HTM 05 -03
- Grad IOSH or equivalent.
- you will have evidence of on-going professional development.
- You will have working knowledge of current health & safety management legislation in relation to healthcare environments.
- You will have experience of initiating, conducting and evaluating risk assessments.
In return we offer:
• Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
• Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
• Private Healthcare
• Staff Referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
• Season Ticket Loan
• Help to buy a bike
• Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 18th May 2021
Please note – due to the high volume of applicants, we will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview
King Edward VII’s Hospital values our diverse workforce and is commitment to providing equal opportunities. We welcome everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Being a relatively small hospital in size enables all our staff to work as a tightly-knit team. If you can see yourself as part of this team, and we have a vacancy that suits your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.