Job Title: Procurement Officer
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week ,Monday to Friday
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. We take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK, supporting veterans through our charitable work. The reputation is built on our exceptional and empowered teams working in a safe and kind environment.
The hospital is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
Our values are at our heart and if you share our values of professionalism, quality, respect, safety and team work, and we have a vacancy to suit your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
What will you be doing?
Responsible for the day-to-day support and administration of the procurement function that aims to embed best practice, efficiency and effectiveness within the procurement processes.
You will Work closely with client stakeholders to influence choice; prioritise change and to deliver savings, process improvements and product standardisation to drive costs down and to drive quality, efficiency and service.
You will be working cross functional across a varied portfolio of suppliers. You will be identifying a requirement to the awarding of the contract using procurement and sourcing principles and maximising cost savings and efficiencies within the contracting and procurement process.
To drive and deliver in conjunction with client stakeholders and clinical teams, the Procurement approach to ongoing cost improvement and supporting on mandating the procurement and purchase order policy
Who are you?
- Demonstrable experience in clinical procurement
- Proven ability in the provision of a cost effective customer focused service within healthcare targeted at achieving cost reduction
- Working knowledge of procurement elements of current P2P systems (Powergate/oracle and a good understanding of the finance function)
- Highly developed communication skills to operate at all staff and management levels, internally and externally
- Understanding of both supply chain management and supplier relationship management
- Robust negotiating skills
In return we offer:
• Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
• Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
• Private Healthcare
• Staff Referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
• Season Ticket Loan
• Help to buy a bike
• Uniform is provided and laundered free of charge.
• Free Employee Assistance Programme
• Various discount vouchers
Closing Date: 3rd November 2021
Please note, if we receive a high level of applications, we may choose to close this advert early. We encourage you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview.