Job Title: Patient Accounts Administrator
Salary: £25,000 per annum
Hours of Work: 37.5 per week, Mon- Sat 8am-8pm (2 separate shifts)
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
We are looking for a Patient Accounts Administrator to join our Finance team.
King Edward VII’s Hospital has been dedicated to delivering outstanding patient care since 1899 and today continues to be one of London’s leading private hospitals. We take great pride in our reputation as one of the best healthcare providers in the UK, supporting veterans through our charitable work. The reputation is built on our exceptional and empowered teams working in a safe and kind environment.
The hospital is committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive workforce – a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements, staff engagement forums, and services to support staff from different backgrounds.
Our values are at our heart and if you share our values of professionalism, quality, respect, safety and team work, and we have a vacancy to suit your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
What will you be doing?
In this role you will be working closely with all Hospital departments to ensure that the revenue is captured correctly and in a timely manner, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all patient details and billing information is correct in the Hospital computer system.
- Ensuring all charges have been correctly captured and allocated to the patient’s account prior to printing invoices.
- Issuing credit notes and refunds, as per Finance policy.
- Produce end of day report daily and reconcile all the payments taken within the Hospital computer system.
Who are you?
The ideal candidate will have has a high level of numeracy skills and is proficient with Word and Excel. You will have good communication skills both oral and written . A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role is required. A knowledge of medical terminology and experience using Compucare and Healthcode would be desirable.
In return we offer
• Free restaurant quality meal whilst on duty
• Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service.
• Private healthcare
• Staff Referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• In house training
• Interest free travel loan.
• Help to buy a bike
• Range of discounts via our employee discount portal such as Cinema tickets, Eyecare, Shopping vouchers etc
Closing Date: 28th September 2021
Please note, if we receive a high level of applications, we may choose to close this advert early. We encourage you to complete your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. We will only contact those candidates that have been shortlisted for interview