What we are looking for:
Job title: Company Secretary
Hours: 3-4 days per week
Contract Type: Full time, Permanent
We are looking for an experienced Company Secretary who enjoys interacting with others and has an eye for detail to join King Edward VII’s Hospital.
You will be working with the Chief Executive and Board of Trustees; the post will take a lead role in ensuring that King Edward VII’s Hospital’s corporate governance requirements, both as a hospital and as a charity, are met. You will also support the executive directors in ensuring appropriate internal control mechanisms are in place and working effectively.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Advising and guiding on all matters of law and governance to the Chief Executive, Chair and Board of Trustees.
- Prepare and present governance reports to the Board, relevant board committees, and the Charities Commission as required.
- Organising agenda and papers for board meetings and its Committees.
- To ensure the required corporate and governance standards are observed and reflected in the Annual Report.
- To proactively maintain knowledge of up-to-date statutory and regulatory requirements and keep the Chief Executive/ Board /informed as appropriate
- Responsible for ensuring the Governance policies and procedures across the Trust are compliant with relevant legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Oversight of the communication and monitoring of action points arising from Board and Committee meetings
- Working closely with the Executive team in the identification of areas where existing control mechanisms would benefit from strengthening.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent IT Skills
- Ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Educated to degree level and/or equivalent professional qualification e.g. ICSA or ICSA part qualified.
- Have a keen eye for detail
- You’ll also have proven experience as a company secretary or in a similar position working with charity and/or hospital boards, with some legal and corporate governance experience preferred.
In return we offer:
• Free restaurant quality meals whilst on duty
• Annual leave entitlement of 35 days inclusive of bank holidays, increasing with long service
• Private Healthcare
• Staff Referral scheme
• Company pension scheme
• Ongoing training and professional development opportunities
• Season Ticket Loan
• Help to buy a bike
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Various discount vouchers
Closing date: 10/02/2022
King Edward VII’s Hospital values our diverse workforce and is commitment to providing equal opportunities. We welcome everyone – all talents and backgrounds. Being a relatively small hospital in size enables all our staff to work as a tightly-knit team. If you can see yourself as part of this team, and we have a vacancy that suits your skills, we look forward to hearing from you.
In-line with Government legislation, From 1 April 2022 it will be a legal requirement for you to provide evidence of your COVID-19 vaccination status or an exemption certificate to work for a healthcare organisation.