The personalised physiotherapy courses they design provide effective relief and rehabilitation for musculoskeletal, orthopaedic and neurological conditions. These are conditions that affect bones, joints, ligaments, muscles, tendons and the nervous system.
All sorts of conditions can benefit from physiotherapy, from sports injuries to arthritis and chronic pain. It can also help with rehabilitation after an operation.
The treatments we offer include:
- Joint and soft tissue mobilisation
- Personalised exercise programmes
- Pilates and core stability training
- Education and advice on posture and ergonomics
- Pre-operative advice and strengthening
- Pre- and post-operative orthopaedic rehabilitation
- Sports massage
- Taping (including kinesiotape)
In addition to our physiotherapy outpatient department, each ward has a physiotherapist who monitors people having orthopaedic surgery. Your physiotherapist will help you get up and about as soon as possible through physiotherapy exercises, also helping if a pre-existing problem reoccurs or gets worse while you are in hospital.
We have one of the few purpose-built hospital hydrotherapy pools in London. Hydrotherapy involves carefully planned exercises using the properties of water. Our hydrotherapy facility is well equipped and our hydrotherapy pool, which is heated to 34°C (significantly warmer than a normal swimming pool), provides a warm and relaxed atmosphere for you. Buoyancy aids are also used to enhance your treatment.
Therapeutic benefits of hydrotherapy and exercise in warm water include:
- Improved muscular relaxation and decreased muscle spasm
- Decreased pain due to warmth and support
- Improved mobility
- Increased muscle strength and endurance due to the greater resistance in water
- Reduced swelling, due to hydrostatic pressure
- Enhanced balance and co-ordination
- Improved self-confidence, awareness and wellbeing
Our experienced physiotherapists are highly trained in exercise therapy and will provide you with an appropriate treatment plan for your condition. As an outpatient, you can opt for group or one-to-one sessions, or you can use the pool independently.
Tel: 020 7467 4316 Fax: 020 7467 4574 Email: email@example.com