Dr Mitchell specialises in musculoskeletal imaging, with particular expertise in sports injury.
He is radiologist to several Premier League football teams, professional cricket clubs and numerous rugby union teams, including England. He also provided radiological imaging services for individual athletes at the Beijing 2008 Olympics and Rio 2016 Olympics.
Recent and current appointments
• Honorary Consultant, Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, London
• Honorary Senior Lecturer, Imperial College, London
Publications, lectures and teaching
• Dr Mitchell is author of Gray’s Anatomy for Students 1st and 2nd editions, Gray’s Pocket Atlas of Anatomy and Gray’s Anatomy for Students flash cards.
• He is the editor of multiple books, including Applied Radiological Anatomy and Applied Radiological Anatomy for Medical Students and has published over 50 peer-reviewed papers.
• He is an international lecturer and teacher in radiology, sports and exercise medicine, orthopaedics and rheumatology.